For a women menstruation cycle is the fact of life which is although a regular phenomenon after the attainment of puberty and cannot be ignored. For 60% of women, the period is a time of discomfort, pain and menstruation cramps which adds up to the difficulties. As menstruation is also very important for the reproductive system one cannot avoid the cycles and the pains backed by it.
For a few woman, unbearable menstruation pain forces to take colleges, school, and office unpaid leave to crawl on the bed where they also spend a lot of money in pills and often useless suggestions by doctors, just to reduce the period problems. However, there are several remedies that can be performed for three- seven days of the month to reduce the period problem and ease your pain.
It is said that exercises are the solution to most of the physical and psychological problems, so similarly to reduce the period problem one should also do exercises for quick relaxations. Exercises improve the blood circulation in the pelvic area and therefore it is very effective in reducing menstrual pain fast. We don’t suggest to do heavy exercises, you can just try a few to be fit. However, one should do exercises daily but for reducing the discomfort at this time the best exercise is to walk and jog. Moreover, swimming is also very effective to reduce the menstruation pain, as this releases endorphins which are said to the natural painkiller.
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet on the floor.
- Now, stretch your arms to the side and let the palm remain flat.
- Next, swing your stomach slightly up and down for few minutes by taking a short and quick breath.
Taking More Fluids
Being hydrated all the time, or drinking plenty of water throughout the month is very important. However, during the three to seven days of the monthly cycle, it is necessary to take enough water to reduce the period problems and discomfort. Taking a high amount of fluid quickly runs through your body and thus, help in relaxing from menstrual cramps and bloating. Apart from plain water one can also take other types of liquids but strictly cut down alcohol, carbonated drinks, and coffee. Coffee which rich in Caffeine makes the blood vessel constrict and increase the discomfort at this time. However, Green tea, fruits, and vegetable juices are helpful.
Hot or Cold Packs
More of heat in the body ease the flow of fluid during the menstruation cycle. To reduce the problem in those days of discomfort the best solution is to take the heated packs or the hot bottle on the lower abdomen for 5-10 minutes. Heat packs help the fluid to flow out of the uterus with ease and hence provide a lot of comforts and relieve from period cramps. You can also dip the towel in hot water and then place it in your lower abdomen.
However, most of the women also believe that cold packs are also very effective way to reduce period’s problems immediately. Cold packs constrict the blood vessels which therefore helps in providing relief from cramps.
- Pack ice in a zipped plastic bag and cover the bag with a towel.
- Place this pack on the abdomen for 20 minutes.
If you feel discomfort at the time of periods due to cramps and heavy pain, the best and fastest remedy that can deal with the problem is taking a hot bath. When you take hot showers at this time the body temperature tends to rise and therefore increases the flow of blood. The heat relaxes the abdominal muscles and hence you get relief from heavy stomach cramps.
- Take hot shower bath during menstrual cycle for 2-3 times in a day.
Pain at the time of menstrual cycle is often associated with the cycle that regulates the flow of blood which leads to various types of discomfort and cramps. Therefore, abdominal massage at this time helps in promoting the flow of menstrual fluids in a proper manner and hence reduces the period problems and cramps by relaxes the abdominal muscles and hence eases your pain.
- Massage your abdomen using oil or just by using your hands by sitting standing or lying down on your back.
Blackstrap Molasses contains various types of nutrients like iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium, Vitamin B6 and potassium which helps to reduce the period problems. Although all the nutrients found in the Blackstrap molasses are beneficial for period discomfort, but the iron contained in it helps in maintaining the hemoglobin balance at the time of menstrual cycle and make ups the loss of blood. It also relaxes the uterine walls for smooth flow of blood and reduce the menstrual pain at this time.
- Add 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses to a glass of warm milk.
- Take it once daily.
Apple Cider Vinegar
There are countless benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar and it is also one of the best remedies at the times of the menstrual cycle. To reduce the period problems one can always depend on the Apple cider Vinegar which helps in regulating the periodic cycle, reduces heavy bleeding and also treat pain and discomfort at this time of the month.
- Add 2 teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of water.
- Take it 3 times daily during your period.
Food Rich in Vitamin C
It is often due to the hormonal imbalance one faces heavy bleeding at the time of periods. Vitamin C helps in balancing the hormones, it reduce the amount of progesterone which helps in the flow of toxins out of the body with ease. The Food rich in Vitamin C also helps in relaxing the uterus and therefore the fluid during the cycles flow out with less discomfort and without any pain. Therefore, one should take a good amount of food which is rich in Vitamin C especially to overcome the period problems discomfort at the time of menstruation cycle.
- You can take Vitamin C supplements after the consult of the doctor.
- Take green and leafy vegetables, citrus fruits etc. which are rich in vitamin C.
Sometimes elongated menstrual time also adds to the discomfort and pain. To end the period and its discomfort faster one can try the Red Raspberry. This fruit is said to have a property to tone the uterine which hence promote the blood flow, relief the menstrual cramps and also help end the period faster. Even if you try the one cup of Raspberry leaf tea every day you will suffer from very light pain and cramps during these days. Moreover, the Raspberry tea is considered to be a mild uterine tonic which strengthens the uterine muscles and regulate painless cycles.
- Add a handful of raspberry, dried or fresh leaves to two cups of water.
- Boil the water and then simmer it for at least 5 minutes.
- Then, strain it and drink this herbal fluid for 2-3 times in a day.
Turmeric has the property to regulate the body and bring back into balance, it mostly has the blood thinning quality and therefore, break up clots and also reduce excessive blood flow during menstruation. It often happens due to the hormonal imbalance, an excessive amount of sheds is built up in uterine lining which is hence balanced by the turmeric to reduce the pain. Turmeric inhibits the prostaglandin synthesis which has the beneficial effect on menstruation cramps. It is also said that turmeric increases the body heat which perhaps increases the flow and makes the periodic cycle also end faster.
- Heat a glass of warm milk with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it.
- Drink this liquid twice daily during the period.
The above remedies are very effective to reduce the period problems, so try to follow it if you also face discomfort during menstruation cycle for quick relief.
A woman may face a lot of problems during her period and the blood flow should be optimum as it is one of the crucial factors in the maintenance of the reproductive health of a woman. One problem is that some women experience scanty periods and lesser blood flow and then their question becomes how to make your period flow faster.
We have come up with the solution. It has been proved that the blood flow can be enhanced just by consuming certain food items in daily diet plans as these food items enhance the overall process of circulation of blood in the whole body of a female.
How to increase blood flow during period home remedies?
It includes the consumption of certain food items in your diet. We have come up with five food items that can help you in enhancing the blood flow during your period are mentioned below:
- Spinach Juice
Well, spinach juice is very nutritious and has proven to be very healthy due to being the enriched source of vitamin K that aids in clotting of blood and hence, bring the blood flow to the optimum levels. Other nutrients such as vitamin E, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium etc. are also present in spinach juice.
Jaggery is well known for its heat inducing abilities therefore, it is always recommended to consume this product along with the coconut water in order to reduce its side effects otherwise it may cause stomach issues. Jaggery is a rich source of iron and therefore it is very helpful in increasing the blood flow during periods.
- Sesame seeds
The sesame seeds can be consumed along with Jaggery. If a female take this mixture before the periods, it helps in the regulation of the blood flow. Also, the sesame seeds can be taken with water and Jaggery can be chewed afterwards. Sesame seeds are a rich source of iron, magnesium, copper and other essential nutrients.
- Aloe Vera juice
Aloe Vera juice has been considered as a very beneficial drink for regulating the blood flow during periods. Its taste can be improved by supplementing it with little honey. Aloe Vera possesses antioxidant properties. It enhances the blood circulation as well as maintains the metabolic functioning of the body.
Turmeric is another alternative for enhancing the blood flow. This is very helpful in the regulation of menses and also maintains hormonal balance in the body. It also possesses anti-inflammatory properties which reduces pain during periods.
So, another most frequently asked question “how to make your menstrual flow well?” is answered. Now, let us look at certain factors that can be responsible for the lesser blood flow during the period. Lesser bleeding during period reasons are mentioned below:
- When you considerably gain or lose a certain amount of weight
- If you are going through the stressful phase of your life, then it puts a great effect on your periods
- The thyroid gland is hyperactive. The hyperthyroidism is one such condition in which the periods become lighter and other problems in digestion and body temperature arises.
- The birth control pills can be one reason for having lighter periods
- If you are a patient with the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then also chances are high that you are getting irregular menses and the periods can be lighter due to hormonal imbalance.
Hence, let us look at some of the remedies which can assist you in how to speed up your periods to come. How to get your period faster home remedies are mentioned below:
- Papaya is one such food item which helps in enhancing the uterine muscle contraction. The estrogen hormonal secretion is stimulated due to the presence of carotene in the papaya which causes the periods to come early.
- Pineapples can also be a good alternative to eat before few days of expected periods because pineapple helps in inducing heat at the pelvic region which enhances the contraction of uterine muscles and shedding of a layer of the uterus occurs faster.
- Pomegranates also enhance the estrogen hormonal stimulation which regulates the menses and enhances blood flow thus, helping to get periods early.
- Coffee also contains caffeine and helps in the stimulation of estrogen. It enhances the blood flow and causes periods to come early due to enhanced production of estrogen.
- Castor oil is also known to contain ricinoleic acid which helps in inducing contraction of the uterus muscles, making your periods come faster.
These above-mentioned food items can also be used as home remedies for lesser bleeding during periods. There are many females who face menstrual problems or irregular menstrual periods which can cause difficulties in the maintenance of their reproductive health and hence we have come up with certain home remedies for menstrual problems which are mentioned below:
- Practicing yoga and meditation as it was known to reduce the pain caused during the period and also the emotional imbalance caused during menstruation such as depression or being anxious. It also enhances the quality of life of any woman.
- Maintenance of healthy weight is very important as the weight has a direct correlation with your period. If you are overweight, then losing weight helps you in the regulation of your periods. On the other hand, those women who are extremely underweight, they should maintain a healthy weight in order to get their periods normal.
- Regular exercising can help you in maintaining the periods especially for those who are the sufferers of the polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Consumption of cinnamon can also be very beneficial for a lot of menstrual problems as it reduces pain, bleeding and helps in providing relief against vomiting or nausea like feeling.
Therefore, one has to take care of their menstruation cycle so as to maintain the reproductive health of the body. You can take help of the above-mentioned remedies in order to control your menstrual problems. These home remedies are very simple to follow for each type of menstrual problem.