Most of us visit our own blog several times a day. How to exclude and filter these visits to your own Blogger blog from Google Analytics tracker.
It is very annoying to count on our own visits to Google Analytics. The major purpose of choosing Google Analytics over Blogger Stats is correctness. To achieve maximum correctness, we must exclude our own visits.
How to exclude our own visits
We need to do two steps for this.
Create an exclude filter in the Google Analytics profile
- Set a cookie
- Create an exclude filter in Google Analytics
- Navigate to your Google Analytics account, select the Admin tab
- Under Profiles, select your profile by clicking on the profile name
- Select Filters tab
- Click on the New filter
- Give filter name as you like
- Select Filter Type as Custom filter
- Select Exclude
- Select Filter Field as User Defined
- Fill out Filter Pattern as exclude_my_visits (this is your choice, but you have to use the same Filter
- the pattern in Set cookie’s part also.
- exclude filter analytics
- Create an exclude filter in Google analytics
You have two choices for this step.
Also Read: ace of wands love
If you want a permanent setup for making your browsers exclude from your own blog visits, then use this step. This is useful when you are accessing your blog from many computers. Follow below steps
Create a page named filter and add the following content to it. Please set the Custom Robots Tags option in the right sidebar to noindex (We don’t want to index this page by any search engines).
Save the page and visit this page from every browser you are using.
If you are using only one browser, then use this method.
First load your blog on the browser.
After completely loading your blog, copy the following code and paste it on the address bar of the same tab, and press enter. You are done.
Please wait some time (a couple of hours as stated by Google) to see the updated results. The filters will be active even in real-time analytics. The cookies will be active for two years and after two years we have to do it again. ?