Oral health is necessary for all people. It is directly related with a person’s ability to show feelings and emotions such as taste, smell, smile, touch, chew, performing facial expressions, swallowing and speaking.
Oral diseases causes problems in personal feelings and emotions due to pain etc in mouth and face.
The main source of poor oral health is poor dietary choices, excessive alcohol use and tobacco use.
Good oral hygiene and healthy dietary habits are essential for oral health. Good oral health improves both emotional and physical wellness that are directly linked to nutrition, speech, interpersonal relations, diet, appearance and self-esteem. Low oral hygiene and mouth diseases affect other parts of body and can create secondary health problems. Therefore healthy teeth are beneficial for healthy living. Tooth decay can be prevented. Tooth brushing, toothpaste with flüoride and regular dental check-ups are necessary for good oral health.
If a person has other health problems this situation may create oral and dental health problems.
What are the main steps to have healthy teeth and gums?
- Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste twice per day. It can at morning and before sleeping.
- Prefer drink water that contains flüoride.It protects against decay.
- Gently brush all sides of teeth.
- Gently brush your tongue to remove plaque and food.
- Change your toothbrush at every 2-3 months.
- Eat healthful diets.
- Limit sugary, sweety foods.
- Limit very hot meals.
- Limit alcohol use.
- Limit soft drinks.
- Stop tobacco. Smoking can create gum disease, oral infections, oral cancers, throat cancers, ,smelling at mouth and breath, dark color on teeth,
- Make regular dental and oral checkups. It can be one or two times per year.