Have you ever tried mushrooms? Well, everyone once in a lifetime has tasted the mushrooms. It’s a fungus that grows above ground and on their food sources. Even though they are grown on their food sources they are very nutritional for our skin. Mushrooms are very safe to eat and are very nutritional.
Do you know that 30 species of mushrooms actually grow in the dark And, apart from appeasing our palette, mushrooms have great medicinal and health benefits
Well, what are its nutritional value? Want to know the nutritional benefits? Let us palpate what mushrooms have for us.
Mushrooms Nutritional Value:
Mushrooms are not green in colour, but they are nutrient-dense. Mushrooms have numerous health and skin benefits and they should not be dismissed as a white food to be avoided.
Mushroom nutrient value is also heavily influenced by the type and manner of production.
Mushrooms are low in:
Mushrooms are rich in:
- Vitamin B such as foliate
- Lipids and Amino Acids
- Minerals like copper, potassium, magnesium, and zinc
- Antioxidants like selenium and glutathione
- Dietary source of another antioxidant called ergothioneine
Because of this rich nutrient source, there are many benefits of Mushrooms on the skin.
Wondering what are the benefits of mushrooms on the skin? Leta finds out.
Benefits of Mushrooms on Skin
It also has immense benefits for the skin.Mushrooms can do wonders for the skin. Because of their anti-inflammatory properties, mushrooms can be beneficial in:
- Treat Acne: The healing properties of mushroom takes care of the acne on your skin when applied properly.
- Treat Skin infections: Because mushrooms contain antioxidants that promote healing and fight infection, they are effective in the treatment of Rosacea and Eczema. They are often known as skin infections and can be dangerous for the skin.
- Anti-Aging Benefits: Kojic acid is found in mushrooms and, is an important component in anti-aging creams, lotions, and serums. It also improves skin discoloration and uneven skin tone. Both of which are important symptoms of aging.
- Skin Elasticity: Mushrooms are rich in proteins, lipids, vitamins, and amino acids, and thus have great benefits on the skin.
- Keeps Skin Hydrated: Because of high water content and minerals, it is considered a good source to keep skin hydrated.
- Skin Lightener: Mushrooms also help in reducing the natural skin colour by reducing the acid under the surface of the skin named Melanin.
A further investigation and research revealed that a range of uncommon mushrooms offers therapeutic properties for treating chronic ailments.
But you have to take care of which mushroom is beneficial and which mushroom is not. It is believed that oyster and shiitake mushrooms are the best to eat and have medicinal properties.
We hope, that after reading this article now, you will love to eat mushrooms as it has so many benefits.
Well, that’s for all. See you next time with more such updates.